Wednesday, September 8, 2010

two or three days till super hike?

Call me stupid...the hike is on Saturday...it's now Wednesday evening...so does that mean it's two or three days until the hike? Oh who cares. It's Saturday. 'Got my hiking rods from Leon today...then he posts this blog about how people shouldn't use them, or something like he couldn't find the rhythm? BUT he said they make great counter weights. Ok. Great. That's what I need.

Now it's getting to the point where everyone around me is starting to tell me what I need. Energy gels, emergency blanket, water pills, band aids, cortozone, sunscreen, camel back pack, nail clippers...on and on, dude. Shit, Lewis and Clark didn't have any of that shit and they did just fine. Just fine. Plus Heidi and Shannon are going with me, (the marine dude pussed out). I don't know Shannon too well (probably will after this hell on Saturday) but I know Heidi's like a natural Sacagawea. Yup, my friend the Shoshone.

I guess last year only twenty people didn't finish the hike. Shit! I thought there would only be twenty people on the hike. Here, there's like four hundred! What? Holy shit! I hope that Heidi and Shannon realize that we are going to have to be kicking people out of our way in order to finish on time. It could be a full out brawl.

I'm so uninformed about this whole thing. I know Leon is at half way...that's about it. I did some stretching today and it felt good.

What if I can't finish? I'm a little nervous about major cramps. I'm drinking a lot of water this week and have already eaten like five bananas. That's good, right? I'll be like a friggin monkey swinging from branches on this hike. Another major worry is this chafing issue. I don't know what shorts or pants to wear.

All of my clothing is handy downs or Salvation Army issued...none of which resembles athletic attire in form or view. I've been told to absolutely wear athletic shorts and underwear of the same liking. Ok.

All of my shorts are cut offs (stained and crusted with concrete and mortar...trust me, I'm not making that up and it's kind of become my 'look') and all of my underwear comes from K-mart...like rain man(who, as we may remember was no super hiker...he was a lazy prick who knew a lot about something...I forget...and I shouldn't talk badly about him like that...it will give me bad karma before my hike, and I need all the help I can get...sorry Rain Man, I take it back...you're fucking cool dude!).

I'm worried about my fat hairy thighs rubbing with my...other stuff down there, and getting sore. BUT I gotta stick to Tim's advice to 'lube up'. Well shit, if that's the answer, I'll put so much lube down there that people will report a petroleum leak on the banks of the Susquehanna.

Other than that...Heidi isn't answering her phone and Leon is impossible to get a hold of...and if Shannon has better gear than me I'm going to be pissed. I will keep all interested posted on news of this historical event, and may even post status updates on the FB during the trech...maybe. We'll see. That was Jay's idea...and I'm not sure if I like the idea of informing curious, out of shape, over aged college students on the state of my physical well (or not well) being.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr. Panic Attack,

    Based on one of your recent posts, I didn't intend to thrust any more gear upon you, but I can hook you up with whatever you need. Everything but underpants. You're on your own there AND, for the record, bogging down on an unnecessary worry.

    ReplyDelete