Sunday, April 11, 2010

Wholly Shit.



I'm not sure that I could really put my weekend into words and be fair about it. Let's see...I'll start backwards I guess and try to keep it simple...starting with tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow morning at 5:30 am sharp, I will be setting my old skate ramp 'franken ramp' ablaze. It was a great ramp for years, with a lot of memories and beer cans attached to it. I'm sure the fire company will be called, because I've got it broken up into three separate piles, each willing to burn twenty feet vertically. Fire!
A crew helped dismantle the beast on Saturday evening. The ramp was just old and virtually unskateable anymore without great danger, though I did manage to get a quick run in on Saturday...luckily with no injury.
I was going to prepare the 'fire to be' today, with lots of kindling and gasoline, but didn't. My ass was tired from the long weekend I put in and I found myself napping two times today...it was great...and I kinda put together the pieces of last night. Shit. Last night was the Lancaster Bart und Schnauzer Friendship Society's 'pub night' at the Mountville inn. Hmmmm. You say 'pub night' and I say "I'm there...10 beers deep already on an empty stomach". I hit that beer pounding rhythm where food no longer matters...unless I'm trying to sneak spoonfuls of the society leader's chili. That same rhythm leads me to believe that I'm the funniest person alive, and my opinions and ideas are remarkable. 'Hey, look at me!'. Yeah, it was a good night...I threw away my shirt at the pub and wore someone's sweatshirt home. My shirt got dirty from a minor clean up incident, and I was dying to throw the damn thing out anyhow...it was gray. Ugh. I look so stupid in gray. Really, please don't anybody ever buy me a gray shirt...it makes me look fat and stupid. Last night gray made me look drunk and arrogant...I had to toss the fucker.
But, it all makes sense. Surely the reason for such thirst was due to the fact that...well...I don't know how this is going to sound, but...I've decided to become a farmer. Yes...the buzz is true. Jay and Jeff and I were stirring up some ideas on Friday night over a couple cold ones, and we decided to tear down the old ramp, and start 'croppin' some of my land. Fuck it. We're going for it. There's probably almost an acre that we could do down there and bam! Look at us now...farmers. Yup. It's gonna be hard work...and we're not really sure what we're doing just yet, but we're gonna plant the seeds and sow the earth...buddy system style. Yup. Alana is stoked too, 'cause she likes when I get super passionate about something over night and try desperately to pursue whims with everything I've got. We are going to run an organic operation with love and respect. And sweat. Yup. Fertile ground, irrigation lines, weather vane, scarecrow, shovels, compost, and dedication. We talked a lot about the crops we will be raising and harvesting. We're gonna talk to the plants a LOT. We even plan on passing out in the rows late at night, and listening to what they have to say. Hyperbarometric pressure. Photosynthesis. Rain. 'Gonna learn all the lingo to go with it. Yup. Jeff and I were talking about what it is that we'd really like to grow, and we're gonna do a shit load (17 pecs?) of cabbage, and make saurkraut. Totally, totally totally gonna grow hops too, then we can make money over fist selling that organic shit to local breweries, where they'll be crazy about us, and probably give us free beer. Cabbage, corn, potatoes, sweet corn, sweet potatoes, spinach, strawberries, lettuce, beans, green beans, peppers and yup...all organic. I would like to get into some heirloom tomatoes too. Oh, shit...get this. -We're all talking about how awesome this is going to be and then Jay is just like

"Well, I want to plant lots and lots of flowers...we'll have the prettiest farm around".

In my head, I'm like..."FLOWERS? seriously...flowers? who gives a shit about that?"

Then Jay starts pointing around to different areas of the farm "Lillies, petunias, daisies, day lillies, dragon root, filbert, begonia, camellia, goosefoot, jasmine and..RHODODENDRONS!!! Rhodo's are soooo bad ass!"

Jeff and I kinda looked the other way a little bit. I mean, yeah flowers are cool, but...what the fuck are we going to do with them? Pick up chicks? Sponsor a prom? I know you can eat some flowers, but jeez, dude. -We'll see what happens. 'Just seems like a dumb idea to spend too much of out seed money on flowers. We'll see. If Jeff and Alana think its cool, then I guess I'm down...after all, we are a co-op.

No comments:

Post a Comment