Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm just plowing, lady.


I was assaulted verbally by a raging neighbor today during snow removal. She pointed. She shook fists. I had no idea what she was talking about and smiled politely. I had no idea what she was talking about and left her words lay frozen on the ground between us, to stare at. I practiced pacifism at the time, but spoke very cruel words about her later to co-workers.

She bickered with a silent 'dumb fuck'. 'Dumb fuck' had no possible answers to her bleeding statements. It was cold and her tone made 'm neck hurt more. The tone she pointed at me offended.

Silence is the greatest art form in conversation, and at this time my paintings were priceless; for silence accompanied her hurtful lashings.

I thought of things to say such as: “Wow...you've really got your panties in a bunch” or “You seem extra bitchie yelling at innocence”. These would have been fun phrases, but would have stirred up some shit no doubt. Instead, I studied her demeanor and wished it change for her loved ones. -They deserved better and; would sadly learn this hatred in time to come. Internally I hated her, but smiled frozen on my surface symbol.

I nodded certainty with her blatant beating of my existence. Somewhere in her house, someone was happy that she left. I looked in their direction and took one for the team. I heard her every word, but could only imagine what it would be like if she would just shut the fuck up. This thought amused me.

I readjusted my hat and yawned. She took offense to my yawn and began shouting more questions that I had no answers for. I shrugged and thought again of her brow beaten family members; at home in peace waiting for Satan's return. I could hold off her flame for them if I remained silent and bit my tongue until it bled.

Finally she returned to her warm car.

I sat motionless for a moment and wondered if I should do again whatever it was that pissed her off in the first place. The thought quickly bored me and a crew member brought me a coffee. Thank you.

She sizzled off in her minivan and I plowed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment